In a previous post 'New Chapter, New Healthier me', I am on a mission to get healthier. I have dusted off my lycra gym pants (which took a little while to get on), made a gym music playlist and set myself some fitness goals... I am ready.
There are two long term goals I have set myself and they are:
1) Be able to run a 10K with DaddyDay - I know this is a classic long term goal that many people have, but it is one that I have wanted to do for a long time as the main reason is that I would like to run for a charity that is close to our hearts: The National Autistic Society Logo of the National Autistic Society - fitness goals 10k run
2) Get back into my yellow dress - I love my yellow dress, and I intended to wear it at a family wedding, but it was just too tight.
Now I do realise, like a lot of other people I'm sure, that if I set a long term goal I might be great and stick to it the first week, okay for the second and by the third week I am done with it and my goal will be a distant memory.
With this in mind I am going to think one week at a time. When making my goals, I need to think if they are SMART. That means they need conform to the following criteria: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Timely. My goals may seem small, but this is just the beginning and I believe that they are all achievable.
So here they are: My fitness goals.
Week One - Results
1) Dance to a song everyday - Partially completed! I danced 5 out of the 7 days last week. I found it difficult to have time to dance in the morning when having a lie in.
2) Go for a BRISK walk with Daddy Day - Not completed (BooHoo!)
3) Pokemon hunt with the family (walking) -Not completed
4) Walk 10,000 steps everyday - I'm not 100% sure that I did complete this as I didn't complete goal number 5, (wear my watch every day) but based on the days when I wore my watch I easily made it I am going with completed for the first week!
5) Remember to wear my apple watch everyday - Partially completed as I am definitely wearing my apple watch more, yet especially at the weekends I do forget to wear it. This weekend we were painting the bathroom and I didn't particularly want to get it covered in paint so partially complete I am happy with.
6) Go to the gym twice - Not completed
Week Two - Goals
Well last week didn't really work too well, I am ashamed to say, but I am determined to improve on this. I knew that the fitness challenges would be a real struggle for me, and hopefully I will be much better this week. Many of the challenges I made last week will be the same or amended this week.
1) Dance to a song everyday - This one is definitely achievable and I am getting into a routine of doing it. I just need to be confident that if there are other people awake in the home, that I can do it in front of them without feeling like an idiot. I intend to write a weekly post of what songs I have danced to and song recommendations. If you have any song recommendations please do let me know in the comments.
2) Go for a BRISK walk with Daddy Day - With a busy weekend of decorating, we didn't manage to get this done. This week is less manic and I intend to complete this one night in the week. I still think this is a great activity to complete, not only for fitness but to take the time to out to talk to Daddy Day without the hustle and bustle at home. This will be logged on Strava to help keep focus and keep up my pace.
3) Pokemon hunt with the family (walking) - This has been pencilled in for Sunday and I am hoping there is a community day this weekend. This out of all of them is the one I am looking forward to the most. As a family we love to go Pokemon hunting using the Pokemon Go app and I find that I can really get in my daily steps without even feeling like it is an exercise 'chore'. Plus, of course, the kids love it.
4) Walk 10,000 steps everyday - For me to be able to record and achieve this, I need to make sure that I complete goal 5.
5) Remember to wear my apple watch everyday - When I am not in the classroom I never wear my watch, now with plotting all the aspects of my health this is compulsory, especially to prove to Daddy Day that I am actually exercising! I need to get into he habit of putting it on as soon as I am out of the shower.
6) Go to the gym twice - Because I didn't go last week my week one is the same as week two; to get used to my new local gym, use the equipment and just feel comfortable there.
So these are my weekly goals. I think that they are SMART and achievable. Do you have any fitness goals? How have you achieved them?
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means that we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have depicted. Whilst clicking these links won't cost you any extra money, they will help us keep this site up and running! Please check out our disclosure policy for more details.
xx Family Of The Day xx